Well, after about a week, I finally made it back...sort of. This past week I had an unfortunate incident with my website host provider (WHP). I found out the hard way that I was not getting a service I was paying for. I realized that it was time to change WHPs and I decided to move to GoDaddy.
About two weeks ago, I began to make several structural changes to my website in preparation for a doctoral study that will begin in the coming months. The past year I've been using WordPress, Moodle, and Dokuwiki for most of my online work. Although my old WHP includes other applications as well, it wasn't until last week's incident that made me realize I could do most of what I need in WordPress alone. Although GoDaddy is a little more than my past WHP, I realized that you do get what you pay for. I decided it was worth scaling back the applications for better service and deliverability.
So, as I waited for my last domain to transfer to GoDaddy (which usually takes 5-7 days), I began to get impatience and decided that it was also time to get a new domain. Since info domains are much cheaper, I also decided to transfer my entire website from the old domain to the new. Within a day or so, I had most of my website up and running.
Some of the changes to this new site will be the inclusion of open courseware. Since I am no longer using Moodle for the most part, I've decided to put most of what I do in my face-to-face classes here. Even though most content will be open, some information will remain private, depending on the class I'm teaching. I've also decided to automatically assign new subscribers to this site as collaborators which will allow everyone to upload posts and to edit and add wikis as they choose. My goal is to make this site as open and transparent as possible. For now, Google+ hangouts will be used to conduct periodic online meetings as well.
If you are new or moving over from my old site, welcome! Expect many upcoming changes to this site and feel free to comment and contribute as you wish!